Karma - Mean Comments Meme

Pose: HelaMiyo Red carpet
Dress: A Piece of Chic - Korine Dress Turquoise (group gift)
Hair: Moon. Hair. // Moonlight (group gift)
Skin: Sacrelicious- Quirky Brows (10L$ on the MP)

Mean Comments Meme
1) Have you ever been subjected to mean comments online by strangers? 
One time I wanted to apply for my blog to a feed I discovered and thought was good. They emailed me that I wouldn't be added because their staff checked my pictures and they didn't meet their quality and styling standards.
2) How did you respond to them? 
I prefered not to respond that even I'm far from being a good SL photographer (I don't photoshop for example as I want to show things as they are, and I prefer to play with the lights than alter things), fashion photography was actually my RL job. I've been published in some famous RL fashion magazines several times. So I prefered to remain silent and think that those magazines payed me several times to shoot for them.
3) How did they make you feel?
First I was upset, then I had to raise an eyebrow after reading several times that email. It was in no way a constructive criticise. It was saying "your pictures are not good". So to learn to get better, I returned to check that feed, but then I saw stretched photos. I thought: aw, those are good pictures? Fine. I'm thankful they didn't accept me in the end!
4) Can you share some of the mean comments you’ve received and your thoughts on them? 
No, but being mean for me is saying: "your work is crap". Being constructive would be: "maybe you could improve your work if you did this or that. Let me know if I can advise or help you"
5) Have you ever ridiculed or negatively commented on someone else’s work, actions or personality with the intention to hurt them?
Once I was in a car with some artists and the driver put some music that wasn't my taste. So I said: can you stop this sh#t music please? He stopped the car, turned to me and said: I did this music... That's the day when I learned that if you don't like something, there is a way to say it.
But I never did it on purpose to hurt anyone. I think if you try to ridicule another person it's because you have an inferiority complex.


Comments